About Firewire patch for FreeBSD
- When a "PHY Error" occurs, you need to shut down the power of the PC once, and then reboot.
- When a "sleep time out occured, now trying to restart DMA" occurs, you need to shut down the power of the PC once, and then reboot.
- You can prevent "sleep time out occured...." error by setting your PCI Latency timer in your BIOS parameter larger.
- The major device number for /dev/lynx changed from 97 to 108 for FreeBSD3.X.
- The major device number for /dev/lynx changed from 108 to 127 for firewire-freebsd-3.1-990827
- The major device number for /dev/dv0 changed from 127 to 201 for firewirebsd-4.0*
- The "PHY Error" is likely to occur when IEEE1394 BUS RESET occurs while booting.
- "dvsend" must be run by root (by default).
- To know what kind of options DVTS has, just type the command with options that is not supported, like, "dvsend -Z".
- To know the options of DVTS, simply type "dvsend -H" or "dvrecv -H"(version must be older than DVTS-0.1.4).
dvrecv does not work well with Canopus media converter
please try "./configure --enable-canopus".
Can I use PAL with DVTS ?
Currently (2002/10), linux and macosX versions support PAL.
How can I make DVTS working with PAL ?
Please try, "./configure --enable-pal".
Does DVTS work with HDTV ?
Currently (2002/10), DVTS does not work with HDTV.
DVTS only works with DV.